Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hello

So here it goes, my first blog post. The mission: Sharing gems of new music to friends of a certain age. What exactly is 'of a certain age' you ask? If the blog name is familiar to you, you are probably 'of a certain age': Logan's Run is a '70s sci-fi movie where Logan 5 (Michael York) learns the truth behind the mandatory 'renewal' at the age of 30 (a movie rumored to have a remake in the works, but I digress). Like Logan, I wonder why there has to be an expiration date on keeping up with new music and seeing live shows? Perhaps the college kids on E wearing blinky rings at a Passion Pit concert may question it, but they will learn in time. Their blinky rings will turn into blinking red lifelocks some day too.

I want LR to be more than a navel-gazing blog--I want to be a forum for passionate music fans to share, explore, and inform like-minded folks of all ages.

So with that, here is my new favorite find: Two Door Cinema Club, a sort of sultry mix of Death Cab, Foals, and another band I can't place yet, but will...their electro-pop vibe is completely contagious:


5 comments:

  1. What's a lifelock? Is that something you have to be over 30 to fully appreciate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I never heard of these guys before. Where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. TDCC is a trio of blokes from Northern Ireland. And a lifelock is a crystal embedded in every human's hand that glows red until the age of 30, when it turns black. (The book version is a bit different but it's the movie I remember). GAME OVER. I hope the new video post helps explaining it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome blog! can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool song and great blog! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete